Gutan is a next closest high mountain after Hatis to the capital Yerevan. The summit is on 2300 m. It is 35 km from city center.
– summit — coordinates 40.368917°/ 44.683311°, h = 2270 m
– Close to Yerevan,
– Simple relief and predictable aerology,
– Practically unlimited, free, flat fields for landings,
– One can reach take off areas via 4WD vehicles (there is no asphalt-based road),
– Predictable micrometeorology, “surprise” changes usually do not happen,
– Good XC potential, thermals are relatively high, thermal cycles are long-lasting
– Suitable for dynamic soaring.
– flyable with all wind directions.
– Good people, friendly and hospitable.